Your Search Results
Buyer- Networks Components
|Location: Wrexham, Wales||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £30,000 Per Annum||Sector: Process & Energy|
We are currently seeking a Buyer- Network Components to join a world leader in the energy and telecom cable industry based in Wrexham on a permanent basis. Our client has a vast amount of experience in the industry and offers a wide range of products, services and technologies. They are looking for a Buyer to manage the company's material spend ensuring products are supplied at the lowest possible cost.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers regarding price, lead time and supply assurance.
- Capture new ideas for the suppliers by liaising with the engineering department.
- Engage with the engineering and commercial teams to drive purchasing influence.
- Identify single source materials and approving new sources of supply to reduce risks.
- Work closely with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure the most cost effective solutions in regards to materials and goods.
- Raise purchase orders and negotiate contracts on behalf of the company for the supply of materials and goods, ensuring accurate SAP records are maintained.
- Keep up to date with market trends to enable the company to plan internal projects and initiatives and to ensure purchases are consistently being made at competitive prices.
- Undertake analysis or price variation by focussing on product cost drivers and cost reduction.
- Positively encouraging suppliers to challenge designs and manufacturing methods with a view to reducing costs.
- Maintain competition amongst suppliers through communication, negotiation, appraisal and evaluation.
- Manage the vendor rating and contractor approval processes in conjunction with internal and external audit procedures.
Key experience and qualifications required for this role:
- Educated to degree level in a technical/ engineering discipline.
- A graduate with 1 to 2 years' experience working within a purchasing and commercial environment.
- Can demonstrate a sound level of commercial judgement and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with suppliers and internal customers.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and SAP.
- Have highly persuasive interpersonal skills being to enable long lasting relationships.
- Flexible and able to undertake regular travel as part of the role.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information or to apply, please contact Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 14919. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »