Your Search Results
|Location: Shirley, West Midlands, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: £35.00 Per Hour||Sector: Civil & Structural, Engineering, Rail|
We are looking for a Civil Engineer with strong experience in the rail market to join a top consultancy in the Midlands. They are looking for somebody to join their Track team on a 6 month contract to work on HS2. Rates of pay will be between £25ph-35ph Ltd.
- Must have strong experience of working in a design team
- Experience of helping more junior candidates
- Ideally experience of working in a broad number of civil disciplines
- Minimum 2-3 years experience within the rail industry
- Has experience of managing CDM risk and also understanding of CSM
- They should have some working knowledge of assumptions, requirements, departures and what is required to attain client approval
- Knowledge and understanding of project assurance and quality management
- Knowledge of project risk which could affect programme or budget
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline - Civil Engineering
- Ideally they will be working towards Chartered status or equivalent
- To work closely with the track team daily
- Produce, review and update: assumptions, departures, risks, verification and validation matrices
- Complete impact assessment forms
- Input into change registers
- Hold and conduct briefings, as the teams embedded assurance representative
- Feedback information to the client
- Draft input into and coordinate multi-disciplinary inputs into technical notes. This could include:
- Risk mitigations around the track and broader rail interfaces
- Rational behind design changes
- History of the project development
- Identify resource requirements to help contribute towards effective delivery of tasks
Candidates will not necessarily need to have track design experience, but will definitely need to have experience in civil design within the rail market.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions. For further information please call Sean Brown on 02392 603033 or email and quote Track1, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »