Your Search Results
Cost Engineer / Cost Controller
|Location: London, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £40,000 Per Annum||Sector: Oil & Gas|
We have an excellent opportunity for a Cost Controller to join a leading oil & gas company on a permanent basis in Greater London / Surrey. Our client provides drilling, engineering, procurement and pipeline services to the Oil & Gas sector. They are seeking an experienced Cost Controller to work on large renewables project.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities, including:
- Establish and maintain a cost control system the decision-making process and allow completion of the project within the approved budget.
- Ensure any deviation from budget is promptly spotted and analysed, with final impact estimated and the effect of corrective actions taken is monitored.
At project initial phase:
- After contract award, ensure the implementation of the Cost Control System, elaborating the consolidated Cost Breakdown Structure according to the relevant procedure, reviewing the procurement/accounting system adopted in each Operating Companies/Branches involved into the project, and verifying the application of the CBS and the cost traceability.
- Issue the Project Cost Control Procedure, Cost Coding Manual and Risk Management Plan, for the Project Control Manager verification, according to standards and contract specification and configure the Cost Breakdown Structure to monitor procurement and accounting activities.
- If not provided during the commercial phase, split the Commercial Budget according to the intercompany scheme, contract and work schedule, in order to report revenues/costs by entity, currencies, and main cost accounts and prepare the cash-flow by currency.
- Coordinate the risk management activities start-up organizing the first brainstorming and the qualitative / quantitative assessment of the identified risks and opportunities
- Carry out the Montecarlo Analysis
During the project execution phase:
- Ensure the Cost Control System works effectively and cost status is soundly assessed and reported
- Monitor activity progress and the relevant earned value, as well as the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals (to have accounts in line with works progress)
- Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process providing the cost impact analysis, and keep updated the cost/revenues forecast relevant to intercompany services
- Analyse committed costs and activities to-date, review the estimate to complete, isolating any deviation from baselines or adverse trend and warn the PM on time to take corrective actions in order to prevent overruns
- Maintain the risk management process organizing periodic meetings and verifying the risk owners' feedback
At project closure
- Support the Project Control Manager in the preparation of the Project close-out Report and the cost feed-back data to Project Control and Commercial Departments
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas/ Renewables industry
- Sound commercial knowledge in regard to procurement of goods and services.
- Full understanding and experience of the complete Supply Chain process is necessary
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Good organisational skills
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 16378. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »