Your Search Results
|Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: £275 Per Day||Sector: Civil & Structural|
Blueprint Recruitment Solutions have a brand new opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a leading engineering design consultancy on an initial 1 month contract in Birmingham. They are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their expert team.
As the successful candidate, you will have a number of important roles and responsibilities, including:
- Preparation of year end trading, holding and overseas company statutory accounts using automated software.
- Planning and key point of day to day contact for interim and year-end audits for UK companies and UK registered overseas branches.
- Produce year end Cognos controller reporting.
- Manage month end reporting process for finance and accounting making sure all journal posted either directly or via the RSC.
- Ensure all deliverables are given to RSC to meet month end deadlines.
- Being point of contact for RSC R2R activities and approving RSC and LSC journals.
- Reviewing monthly reconciliation of local balance sheets for all entries and produce analytical review of balance sheets on a quarterly basis.
- Produce quarterly VAT returns and review and reconciliation of all overseas taxes.
- Ensure payroll posted to the deadline and create monthly payroll variance analysis reports.
- Produce monthly payroll related balance sheet reconciliations. ( Net pay, pensions, flexible benefits, salary advances, season ticket loans)
- Ensure payroll related accruals are posted and ensure P11d compliance.
- Manage 1 to 2 members of staff.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Qualified accountant with experience in practise.
- Experience producing statutory accounts, audits and knowledge of corporate tax and VAT.
- Strong control background with and understanding of reconciliations as a key control.
- Experience of continuous control improvement
- Strong ERP skills with experience of a major ERP.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information about this role, please contact Emily Parvin on 02392 603030 or email emily.parvin @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 15034. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »