Your Search Results
|Location: London, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Oil & Gas|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join a highly reputable Energy design company on a in Surrey on a permanent basis in South West London. Our client has 30 years' experience providing offshore design for oil and gas and win energy sectors. They are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to work on offshore foundation design and soil mechanics.
The chosen candidate will have a wide range of roles and responsibilities including:
- Production of geotechnical documents such as desk study, interpretative and design reports and engineering specifications and drawings.
- Produce detailed foundation design including scour analysis, axial and lateral pile capacity, drivability analysis and spudcan leg penetration analysis.
- Assist with the delivery of new projects to deliver solutions within agreed timeframes and budget.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external or third-party meetings as required.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in full compliance with approved instruction, procedures and policies.
- Occasional R&D projects and in-house software development.
- Travel to and from Northern Europe should be expected
In order to carry out the tasks effectively, it is essential for candidates to have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Foundation Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- Good experience in Geotechnical Engineering and willing to specialize in offshore foundation design and advanced soil mechanics.
- Knowledge of geotechnical/ FEA software including OPILE, gINT, SlopeW, GRLWEAP, PLAXIS, FLAC and ABAQUS.
- Experience using software tools to solve complex analytical problems including MATLAB, VBA and Python.
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices with the ability to select and apply standard guides, methods and techniques.
- Good knowledge of finite element analysis techniques utilised in geotechnical design of offshore foundation structure.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the ability to liaise with clients.
- Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For more information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 or email ashley.clarke @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 14755, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »