Your Search Results
Marine Designer (CAD Technician)
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Process & Energy|
We have a brilliant opportunity for a Structural Draughtsman to join a naval engineering organisation based in Southampton. Our client has over 30 years knowledge and experience working on a range of marine-based projects from commuter ferries to defence vessels, and super yachts. They deliver quality in-depth design and engineering services across naval architecture, structural engineering, mechanical and systems engineering, and outfit engineering. Through their established skills, experience and knowledge, our client has a recognised client base and strong reputation within their industry. The client will consider both contract and staff applications due to the extensive work.
Great opportunity for designers to get experience working on multi-million pound projects with defence, commercial vessels and super yachts.
- Producing 2D structural detailed drawings
- Direct liaison with shipyards as required
- Ensuring budgets are not exceeded for projects you are assigned to
- Interaction with, and use of customer operating procedures and systems as required
- Direct liaison with customers and sub-contractors as required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Highly familiar with the use and functionality of AutoCAD
- Extensive draughting experience in the marine engineering sector
- Ability to meet demanding timescales and work under-pressure
- Confident with their own technical abilities
- Able to build relationships with all stakeholders (including clients, design teams and build yards)
The essential experience and qualifications required are as follows:
- A high degree of skill using AutoCAD and Rhino
- Experience of aluminium and steel construction
- HNC qualified or equivalent
This would be an ideal role for those seeking to expand their knowledge of the marine engineering industry, and build their own portfolios.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 14436. Alternately you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »