Your Search Results
Materials Engineer / Materials Specialist (Composites)
|Ref: 14257 AGC|
|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Oil & Gas|
14257 Materials Engineer / Materials Specialist (Composites)
We currently have an excellent opportunity available for a Materials Engineer to join a leading engineering and manufacturing company on a permanent basis in Portsmouth. Our client provides global manufacturing resolutions you will be communicating product solutions and analysing methods to develop product solutions. You can be at the heart of developing and supporting new and unique 3D manufacturing technology
Role will be to develop the materials with suppliers including the use of material such as carbon fibre and PEEK polymers. Processes such as extrusion and novel composite processing.Â This includes developing methods to control quality, improve performance, processing parameters and ramping up production volumes.
- A graduate with a first class or upper second-class degree in Material or Mechanical Engineering (or related subject)
- Analytical mind to understand complex materials and processing techniques
- Experience in manufacturing or processing of polymers
- Experience in material testing/analytical testing.
- Quality testing and or design of experiments or similar testing approaches
- Working with suppliers
- Production environment experience
- Experienced in design for manufacture in industrial environments
- Understanding of relevant standards
- CAD and drawing skills (Solid Works)
- Strong theoretical and practical background
- Happy to take on new problems and challenges
- Be a completer finisher that sees work through to tidy completion and documents the work you do
- Self-motivated, able to manage your time to deliver great work on schedule
- Open and communicative to be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Hands on approach with a good awareness of other disciplines
- Looking for exciting and varied challenges
For more information, please contact Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 or email Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »