Your Search Results
Mechanical Design Engineer/ Piping Designers (Marine)
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: £35.00 Per Hour||Sector: Marine|
We are seeking experienced Design Engineers to join a busy design consultancy in Southampton. Our client has a wealth of knowledge and experience providing marine and shipping design services. They are looking for a Design Engineer to join their Design department and work with their expert team.
- Gets into a problem and if they don't know, will ask the question. Find an answer and come up with solution. Natural interest. Self-motivated and time management
- 2D and 3D mechanical design experience
- Stat regulations Flag / Class rules
- Knowledge and understanding of ship system design
- On board ship engineer or someone who has worked on a mechanical drawing office
- Creation of P&ID's
- Have advanced skills using 2D/3D CAD and creating drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
- Able to process technical problems and seek the correct solution.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and classifications.
- Have an understanding of ship systems design and its impact upon integration.
- Knowledge and understanding of ship structural design as applied to structural arrangements.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to liaise with colleagues across all disciplines.
- Good commercial awareness, ensuring work is carried out to the agreed standard.
- Good MS Office skills, to develop reports and spreadsheets.
For further information, please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 or email her on Ashley.clarke @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 14357, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »