Your Search Results
Methods Department Pipelay Lead
|Location: Surrey, Surrey, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £85,000 Per Annum||Sector: Oil & Gas|
We have an excellent opportunity for a Pipelay Lead to join the Methods Department with our client, a leading oil & gas company based in Greater London. Our client provides drilling, engineering, procurement and pipeline services to the Oil & Gas sector. They are seeking a Lead Pipelay Engineer to join on a permanent staff basis to support the methods manager in defining, monitoring and managing all methods engineering activities across the pipeline installation projects within the company.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities, including:
- Ensuring standardisation of methods across pipeline installation projects
- Providing assistant to, and work in close co-ordination with other departments
- Review and approve pipelay drawings and project methods documentation
- Co-ordinate pipelay studies & pipelay tenders
- Ensure appropriate clarifications and qualifications are submitted on pipelay tenders
- Assist with defining project engineering organisation charts and resourcing projects from tender phase to completion of execution
- Maintain filing system for pipelay methods area
- Organise and participate in project design and operational reviews
- Provide pipelay technical support to other functions
- Assist in the development of technical improvements engineering
- Organise site representation if cannot be provided by the project
- Validation and verification of methods on current pipelay projects
- Ensure that lessons learnt and knowledge and experience is transferred between projects. Identifying areas for improvement and implementing actions so as to benefit from the experience.
- Participate to the offshore critical activities to ensure their performance according to methodology and ensure the relevant feedback and lessons learned.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Subsea or Offshore project experience
- Ideally experience in using OrcaFlex offshore marine systems
- Previous experience as a Pipelay Engineer
- Experience participating in the risk management processes- HAZID, HAZOP's and Risk Assessments
- Previously having performed project readiness reviews
- Experience reviewing and approving pipelay drawings
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Bush on 02392 603034 or email rebecca.bush @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote #18236. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »