Your Search Results
Naval Architect (Marine)
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Marine, Process & Energy|
We are currently seeking a Naval Architect (Yachts) to join a highly respected company on a contract or permanent basis in Southampton. Our client is a leader in the marine industry delivering design and engineering services including naval architecture, structural and mechanical engineering. They are a growing operation with an increasing workload, and are therefore seeking an enthusiastic and skilled candidate to join their team.
- Initiating, supervising and distributing structural analysis, development, appraisal and modification of ship and marine structures
- Develop drawings of vessels for concept design, feasibility studies and tender responses.
- Ensuring all work is carried out, checked and approved by the company's Quality Management System
- Conducting design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved
- Preparing robust and precise specifications for new vessels, modifications and conversion work.
- Assisting the Business Development team with in preparing any bid documents and proposals that require technical input and cost estimates
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree in Naval Architecture
- Previous experience in a similar role, specifically with large motor yacht design.
- Knowledge of relevant software including Maxsurf, Rhino and AutoCAD.
- General experience of Naval Architecture, in particular stability, weights, hull design, speed, range, model testing, tank plans and freeboard calculations.
- Have an understanding of yacht codes LY3 and PYC
- Experience with working to Lloyds Register SSC and Ship rules, or similar class society rules.
- Familiar with construction in steel and aluminium.
- Programming experience would be considered and advantage.
- Seakeeping analysis experience would be an advantage
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 14354. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »