Your Search Results
Naval Architect / Structural Engineer
|Location: London, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £55,000 Per Annum||Sector: Oil & Gas|
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Naval Architect / Structural Engineer to join an independent marine and engineering consultancy on a permanent basis in London. Our client is an international company specialising in shipping, oil & gas and renewables industries. They are looking for a Naval Architect / Structural Engineer to undertake a variety of Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) and Consultancy projects, within the energy team.
Initially the successful candidate will work on a major global MWS project for the first 24 months. You will mainly act as a principal technical focal point towards the client and client's contractors and to manage the process of document reviews by technical staff.
After this initial assignment, you will then be involved in a range of MWS and consultancy projects in the Oil & Gas and renewable sectors. You will cover offshore/marine transportations, heavy lift operations, load-out and installation of fixed and floating structures as well as subsea/pipeline installation projects.
- Managing MWS technical design review and verification.
- Act as principal technical client interface.
- Collaborate with other disciplines regarding operational and specialist matters.
- Project/ package management.
- Meeting the project schedule and budget for MWS packages or projects.
- Ensure the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed project technical standards and current industry codes.
- Ensuring that the managed project activities are completed in accordance with client contract requirements including project administration, change control, progress reporting towards the client and timely invoicing.
- Preparing of bids in conjunction with the Project Directors or the Energy Operations Director.
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture or civil, structural or mechanical engineering.
- Have a solid background in design and installation of Subsea Power Cables, burial and protection.
- Relevant offshore transportation and construction track record as well as offshore operations experience.
- Possess up to date knowledge of Loadout, installation and transportation methods, codes of practice, rules and guidelines.
- Experience of delivering MWS / Consultancy projects within schedule and on budget.
- Experience of managing project budgets and schedule including timely invoicing and management of change.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads with efficient delegation.
- Excellent team player, with capability of working independently.
Although this role is office based, the selected candidate must be flexible to travel abroad and to offshore locations from time to time. Our client is offering a competitive salary for this London role, and is a brilliant opportunity for driven and determined individuals to progress their career.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 or quote 15531, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »