Your Search Results
Naval / Structural Engineer (Marine Structure)
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Marine, Process & Energy|
We have an excellent new opportunity for a Naval / Structural Engineer to join a leading independent Marine Engineering consultancy on an initial 12 month contract in Southampton. Our client provides a wide range of services for advanced and specialised vessels from initial concept through to detailed design and production. Due to extensive growth they are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer to provide skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company.
The role will have a number of key roles and responsibilities including:
- Work closely with the Structural Engineering Lead on high speed and lightweight vessels.
- Spot technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
- Deliver projects within the required timeframes and budget.
- Maintain technical requirements and the high standard of deliverables required
In order to carry out the tasks set out efficiently, applicants must have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of ship structural design and its application to local structure and foundations.
- Experience with high speed and lightweight vessels from 40m lightweight ferries to 100m yachts.
- Understanding of statutory regulations and classification and flag rule sets.
- Proven communication skills with experience of liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out completed to an appropriate standard of detail.
- Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deadlines.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For more information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 14321, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »