Your Search Results
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Marine|
We're looking for an Outfit Engineer to join our client in Southampton on a contract basis. Our client is a leading naval engineering design consultancy who provide services for advanced and specialised vessels and has a proven track record in the design of Yachts, commercial, offshore energy and defence vessels. Due to an expanding workload our client is looking for an Outfit engineer to work in the Construction & Outfit discipline.
The selected candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities including:
- Provide a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company.
- Maintain technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues across all disciplines, working in close collaboration on a project by project basis.
- Actively manage the quality of work produced and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience of specialist vessels, including small craft and luxury yachts.
- Structural modelling and draughting experience.
- Experience of shipyard construction and detailing for production for items such as water tight door mechanisms, shell doors & platforms and lifting equipment.
- Proficient using AutoCAD 2D, Rhino 3D
- Experience integrating both outfit items and ancillary equipment into a vessel's layout and structure.
- Good commercial awareness with ability to ensure work is completed to the required standard and detail.
- Excellent IT skills with ability to develop reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 14357, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »