Your Search Results
Project Director (French Speaking)
|Location: Cameroon||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £130,000 Per Annum||Sector: Oil & Gas, Process & Energy|
15140 Project Director (French Speaking)
We have a brand new opportunity for a Project Director to join a world leader in treated water on a permanent basis in Cameroon. Our client work to provide sustainable treated water solutions that serve communities, help protect the environment and contribute to economic development. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, French speaking candidate, who would help deliver Cameroonâ€™s urban and semi-urban water supply scheme. This role comes with a competitive salary plus relocation package (both individual & family).
As the selected Project Director, you will have a number key roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and control all activities relating to assigned project, providing comprehensive, accurate and timely project reports to management.
- Complete the project within agreed programme, ensuring effective change control procedures.
- Provide clear and thoughtful leadership to ensure maximum contribution from all project stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and the laws of the country with regard to environmental, health & Safety and quality assurance.
- Work in accordance with the social and construction management plans and compiling a monthly report to be circulated to client and lenders to the Project.
- Establish a clear understanding of the work scope and client requests and develop sound working relationships with the clientâ€™s senior personal.
- Coordinate and control project requirements from all departments, in particular design, procurement, material movement, accounts and the independent engineer.
- Review and accept project budget and prepare and issue regular cost forecasts and cash flow.
- Approve all project cost expenditure and ensure necessary approvals are obtained in accordance with company procedures.
- Oversee construction management to ensure on-site activities are progressed in a timely and cost effective way.
- Office based with travel as necessary to the project sites.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Extensive experience in the Water industry within International Water, Wastewater and Desalination.
- Experience working on large scale Civil Engineering projects including water retaining structures and pipelines together with multi-site turnkey construction.
- Overseas experience, particularly in developing countries (preferably African).
- Must be fluent in French, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of FIDIC contract documents.
- Excellent problem solving skills, possessing initiative and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information about this role, please contact Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 or email and quote 15140. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the Apply link and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »