Your Search Results
Road Safety Engineer
|Location: Crewe, Cheshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: £34.00 Per Hour||Sector: Civil & Structural, Engineering|
Brand new opportunity for an experienced Road Safety Engineer, joining a leading highways service provider on a 3 month contract in Crewe. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the initiation, planning and implementation of highway, infrastructure, traffic and road safety schemes and carrying out Road Safety Audits.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Analysing engineering problems, applying technical expertise and engineering judgement, and producing innovative solutions
- Identifying, designing, preparing, planning and ordering works and services
- Preparing and assisting with the management and monitoring of works programmes or services
- Providing timely and accurate advice to councillors, parish councils, and the general public on all highway-related matters as required
- Assisting with the management and provision of technical support for staff dealing with all aspects of the service
- Ensuring scheme designs comply with the specification and agreed programmes
- Preparing reports for projects and attending meetings to provide support as appropriate
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- HNC/NVQ4 or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Qualified to carry out the role of Road Safety Team Leader as per the DMRB requirements.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of a relevant professional institution
- Knowledge of ECC and ICE contracts and their applications
- Good knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge of and application of Highway Legislation and relevant design procedures
- Highway design experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective supervision of cost and value
- Excellent written and verbal communication sills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Emily Parvin on 02392 60 30 30 or send your CV to Emily.Parvin @ blueprintrecruit.com and quote 13239EXP. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »