Your Search Results
Senior Mechanical Engineer
|Location: Cardiff, Cardiff, Wales||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: Negotiable||Sector: Building Services, Engineering|
Excellent new opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a leading firm of consulting engineers, on a permanent basis in Cardiff. Our client provides a range of unique and flexible sustainable services to a range of sectors including commercial, residential, hotel and leisure. With projects based throughout the world they have a wealth of knowledge and experience working on major high-end projects and developments. This would be the perfect opportunity for candidates seeking a valuable career challenge working on exciting projects, in the Building Services Engineering team.
As the selected Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will have a number key roles and responsibilities:
- Leading the design of the mechanical building systems including air conditioning, heating, natural and mechanical ventilation and building controls.
- Leading the development of sustainable energy strategies for buildings, including communicating with relevant authorities to agree plans.
- Liaise with the architect and other team members in the development of the building form to align with design principles.
- Leading the spatial and technical coordination of the buildings services and their integration into building design.
- Leading the production of drawings, reports and specifications and conducting thermal analysis using modelling software such as IES.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of team members, including engineers of other disciplines.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or HVAC Engineering, ideally to Master's level.
- Chartered Engineer status through an appropriate professional institution such as CIBSE.
- Extensive experience of mechanical building design across a range of project scales and building types.
- Knowledge of sustainable building design and regulations.
- Experience of leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to liaise with clients and develop relationships.
- Good understanding of software including Excel, IES/TAS and Revit.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information about this role, please contact Emma Williams on 02392 603030 or email emma.williams @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13877EXW. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »