Your Search Results
Senior-Principal-Naval Architect / Structural Engineer
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: £40.00 Per Hour||Sector: Process & Energy|
We're looking for a Naval Architect to join our client in Southampton on a contract or permanent basis. Our client is a leading naval engineering design consultancy who provide services for advanced and specialised vessels and has a proven track record in the design of Yachts, commercial, offshore energy and defence vessels. Due to an expanding workload our client is looking for a Naval Architect / Structural Engineer to join their expert team.
The selected candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities including:
- Provide a skilled contribution to the design work for assigned projects within the company
- Maintain the technical requirements and standard of deliverables required within the discipline.
- Provide support and guidance to colleagues across all disciplines and provide coordination and technical supervision of colleagues within your discipline.
- Take on an active coordination role when required, overseeing assigned projects across all disciplines whilst also maintaining the primary role.
- Actively manage the quality of work produced and evolving and developing the standards and processes used.
- Carry out fundamental Naval Architecture tasks including hull design and stability calculation, weight calculation, performance prediction, model testing, seakeeping analysis, tank plan development and arrangement drawings including concept design stage space planning and development.
- Experience working within a ship design office or shipyard.
- Experience of specialist vessel construction and outfit with large yacht experience an advantage.
- Proficient using 2D/3D CAD and other specialist software to produce design information.
- Ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings to a suitable quality and standard
- Knowledge of ship structural design and ship systems design.
- Good commercial awareness with ability to ensure work is completed to the required standard and detail.
- Ability to process technical problems technical problems and effectively seek out the correct solution using sound engineering judgement.
- Excellent IT skills with ability to develop reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 14354a, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »