Your Search Results
|Location: Essex, Essex, England||Type: Permanent|
|Salary: £33,000 Per Annum||Sector: Civil & Structural, Engineering|
We have an excellent opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join a highly reputable company on a permanent basis in Essex. Our client provides civil and structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects. They are looking for a Structural Engineer to provide support on a range of projects within Building Design, producing engineering calculations, specifications and details.
The selected candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities to ensure the successful delivery of structural project designs and calculations. Key tasks will include:
- Produce calculations at various stages of a project from the preliminary stages of concept appraisal and planning through to tender and construction stage.
- Coordinate information with the relevant third-party including architects, mechanical engineers, surveyors and members of the design team.
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with the engineers and technicians and the team leader when required.
- Ensure all calculation files are current with clear summary on design approach and content.
- Mark up and review design drawings to ensure these reflect the design assumptions and calculations.
- Check third party information received for any inaccuracies.
- Attend meetings and site visits when necessary.
- Use a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs.
- Undertake complex and repetitive calculations.
- Resolve deign and development problems.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Hold a degree in civil or structural engineering
- Knowledge of the use of engineering design software including AutoCAD.
- Experience working within a similar consultancy.
- Good understanding of structural mechanics and material design models.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
For more information, please contact Kris Vasili on 02392 603030 or email and quote KXV16126. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »