Your Search Results
Technical Project Manager (Marine / Yachts)
|Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England||Type: Contract|
|Salary: £45.00 Per Hour||Sector: Marine|
We're looking for a Marine Technical Project Manager to join our client in Southampton on an initial 12 month contract. Our client is a leading naval engineering design consultancy who provide services for advanced and specialised vessels and has a proven track record in the design of Yachts, commercial, offshore energy and defence vessels. Due to an expanding workload our client is looking for a Technical Project manager to work on yacht projects.
The selected candidate will have a number of roles and responsibilities including:
- Manage and maintain oversight of technical requirements and deliverables for complex design and consultancy projects.
- Provide both guidance and skilled contribution to Yacht projects or general engineering activities.
- Undertake a wide range of planning and checking functions for engineering design and drawing work carried out by other engineers, ensuring suitable quality and schedule of delivery.
- Actively seek and develop new ideas, designs and ways of working as part of the company's ongoing investment towards continuous improvement.
- On site work with potential for frequent travel within Northern Europe.
- Proven project management skills, working within project teams across multiple projects.
- Experience of specialist vessels including small craft and luxury yachts
- Proficient using 2D AutoCAD.
- Experience working within a ship design office or shipyard.
- Detailed understanding of LY3/PYC, LR Ship Rules and SSC.
- Capable of explaining design process and decisions in front of clients.
- Commercial awareness, with ability to ensure works are completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail.
- Proven communication skills, with extensive experience of liaison and reporting.
- Self-motivated with ability to meet agreed targets and deadlines
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on 02392 603030 and quote 17789, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below.
Receive jobs that match this search, by email, as soon as they are available.
Expand Your Search
Widen your search criteria by removing your keywords from the list below:
Vacancies By Email
Get There First With Vacancies By Email
Get specific job types, tailored to your requirements, sent straight to your inbox as soon as they are available.
Register Now »