- Strong geotechnical design / analytical capability in
relation to slope stability, retaining walls, pile design, anchors, soil
nails, foundations, drainage.
- Experience in the preparation of construction drawings,
specifications and designers risk assessments
- Good understanding of ground investigation methods and
interpretation of ground investigation results.
- Ability to identify and assess defects / instability
features in earthworks, retaining walls and drainage systems.
- Experience in the design and specification of remedial
solutions and preparation of options.
- Experience in preparing geotechnical desk study and
- Experience of working in the rail environment
- Experience in managing geotechnical projects.
- Experience of costing works and budget control.
- Experience of liaising with clients and suppliers.
- Experience of producing and working to design
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Previous appointment as CRE would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of industry standard software (e.g. Slope/W, WALLAP,
REPUTE, TEDDS, AutoCAD etc.).
Projects typically include the inspection and assessment of
embankments, cuttings, retaining walls, culverts and drainage assets
predominantly within the rail network, the consideration of options for
remedial or upgrading works and the design and specification of practical
The successful candidate will undertake the role of CRE and be
responsible for preparation of project plans, implementing site surveys,
coordinating and supervising the design teams, management and checking of
designs, preparation of reports, specifications and drawings, allocation of
resources, budgetary control and ensuring works are completed to project
specific requirements and in accordance with our HSQE procedures.
Responsibilities will also include mentoring and coaching of design engineers,
liaison with clients and suppliers and development of commercial and