Our client is a worldwide manufacturing organisation who are looking for a Despatch Team Leader to join them on a permanent basis in the Southampton Area. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing a proactive support service to the Despatch Department.
Team Leader – Despatch - Logistics
1.5 Shift Pattern (40 hrs)
• Ensure customers’ needs are met by co-ordinating work from allocation of stock to
orders through to despatch
• Control the day to day activity and ensure that manning and skills are in place to meet
prompt deliveries by liaising with the Despatch Manager
• Assist with the forward planning of shop floor work in line with shipping requirements.
• Provide excellent service and ensure smooth running of the Department by maintaining
effective communication with Stores, Sales and Customers
• Liaise with Wessex Freight for goods despatch out of the UK (export)
• Maintain and improve customer service levels by regular liaison with our haulier
• Ensure that health and safety awareness is present at all times
• Booking couriers
• Produce daily reports in Excel to BT documenting goods which are to be collected and
collect all labels and tick off against this report to make sure it is complete for the customer
• Stock take of customers goods and telecoms stock
• Produce a daily ply count to send to suppliers daily
• Create a cycle count – stock take of all areas
• Process customer stock to go into BNS
Excellent communication skills and work well as a part of a team
Good knowledge of SAP to carry out transactions: packing of materials, booking of materials, transferring materials from one code to another, cut confirmation, creating delivery
Work well under pressure to meet demanding deadline targets.
Good knowledge of excel.
knowledge of the product rang, customers and systems.
Knowledge of warehouse practices will also be essential.
Candidates will have at least previous experience in a similar environment where quality and customer presentation are critical, together with a high degree of organisational ability
28 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme: employee (4%) and employer (up to 8%)
On site car parking
reimbursement of Optical, Dental, Chiropody, Consultant fees up to set limits.