Our client is a large award-winning M&E consultancy, determined to provide a world class service. They have previously worked on prestigious highly technical projects and are renowned for their work on data centres. Due to an increased demand for their services in recent years, they are now looking for an Associate Mechanical Engineer to work in their London office.
As a successful Associate Mechanical Engineer, you will work within the heart of the Building Services team and will be involved in a number of project types, primarily datacenters' or in the commercial sector.
You will be responsible for the following;
- The running of Major projects. Takes Team Management role in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for Mechanical or Electrical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc. (majority of building types)
- Carries out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, client or others.
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors' teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate skills within the following areas;
- Dynamic individuals with strong building services background
- Working towards or have achieved Chartered status
- Significant experience of specification design for several building types
- Experience of working on a variety of projects including; commercial and datacentre
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrating the capability to proactively implement plans, follow through with sustained execution, and to meet project milestones
- Sound knowledge of key health and safety legislation
- Drive and determination
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate problems
- Good supervisory qualities and experience, including excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges
- Keen to progress within the company
As the ideal candidate you will be degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant subject, Chartered or working towards Chartered status and able to work in the UK without restrictions.
To apply for this vacancy please call Richard Cookson on 02392 603030m or email email@example.com and quote 18090. Or you can apply directly by following the insutructions.