We have a new opportunity for a Senior Highway Engineer to join an expanding team in Kent. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking company who have remained busy throughout lockdown and have a strong order book into the future.
As the Senior Highway Engineer you will be involved in the following:
- The design and
documentation of Highway and Transportation projects both preliminary and
- To lead on projects ensuring the company and the Engineering team deliver the agreed commissions and that client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a multi-disciplinary project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Production and checking of drawings and reports
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project
- Communicating with suppliers, clients and contractors
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- In depth understanding of Highway / Engineering Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development
The position comes with a competitive annual salary and a range of great benefits.