Excellent new opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading firm of consulting engineers, on a permanent basis in Cardiff. Our client provides a range of unique and flexible sustainable services to a range of sectors including commercial, residential, hotel and leisure. With projects based throughout the world they have a wealth of knowledge and experience working on major high-end projects and developments. This would be the perfect opportunity for candidates seeking a valuable career challenge working on exciting projects, in the Building Services Engineering team.
As the selected Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will have a number key roles and responsibilities:
- Leading the design of the mechanical building systems including air conditioning, heating, natural and mechanical ventilation and building controls.
- Leading the development of sustainable energy strategies for buildings, including communicating with relevant authorities to agree plans.
- Liaise with the architect and other team members in the development of the building form to align with design principles.
- Leading the spatial and technical coordination of the buildings services and their integration into building design.
- Leading the production of drawings, reports and specifications and conducting thermal analysis using modelling software such as IES.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of team members, including engineers of other disciplines.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical or HVAC Engineering, ideally to Master's level.
- Chartered Engineer status through an appropriate professional institution such as CIBSE.
- Extensive experience of mechanical building design across a range of project scales and building types.
- Knowledge of sustainable building design and regulations.
- Experience of leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to liaise with clients and develop relationships.
- Good understanding of software including Excel, IES/TAS and Revit.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.